The following message was sent to members of the Class of 2021 and their families at approximately 5:45 p.m. today:
Dear Members of the Class of 2021, Family and Friends,
We look forward to celebrating Lafayette College’s 186th Commencement tomorrow.
Please take a moment to review the following information as you prepare for your participation in tomorrow’s event – either as a member of the Class of 2021 or as a guest:
- Weather – the forecast is calling for a wet, chilly, rainy day – DRESS APPROPRIATELY – warm and waterproof.
- Grads & ponchos – each graduate (or member of the Class of 2021) will receive a poncho to wear upon arrival at Kirby Sports Center.
- Umbrellas are permitted in Fisher Stadium by both guests and grads. Please be mindful of those viewing around you.
- Diploma covers, alumni frames and grab & go lunches (for graduates and guests) will be available for the graduate to pick up in Kirby Sports Center immediately following the ceremony. There will be no gathering on the Quad.
- Photos of each graduate crossing the stage and with a diploma cover will be taken by a professional photographer, and proofs will be available after the ceremony at www.gradimages.com.
- Grads & guests should establish a meeting location to reunite following the ceremony – guests are not permitted in Kirby Sports Center prior to or following the ceremony.
- Livestream is available at commencement.lafayette.edu. There will be no indoor viewing locations on campus. Please plan accordingly.
- Graduation gown hand-me-down drop-off location is inside Kirby Sports Center.
*Commencement will be held outdoors rain or shine. If there is weather that may cause serious threat to life, the ceremony will be moved indoors for graduates only; guests will be provided time to return to a place to view the livestream off campus at a location of their choosing (the livestream will take place rain or shine). There will be no indoor viewing campus locations regardless of weather. This is a last resort – the Commencement website will have weather updates if the need arises.
** Grab and Go lunches may not be available to those who received more than 3 tickets following the initial ticket reservation deadline. We appreciate your understanding.